[ovirt-users] VMs fail to start in Cluster

Aslam, Usman Usman.Aslam at tufts.edu
Wed Jul 16 14:47:28 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

We have two Ovirt clusters setup in one datacenter. Dev and Prod.
I have a situation where if I power off a VM in the Prod environment, it does not start up again.

I get the following when trying to run it ...
"Failed to run VM tuskweb-prod-02 (User: admin at internal)."
"Error while executing action Run VM once: Network error during communication with the Host."

Odly enough, if I move the down VM to the Dev cluster and run it again, it starts up fine.
I've had this problem with 2 VMs this far (on different nodes in the cluster). Im afraid to bring any more VMs down as they may not start back up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Usman