[ovirt-users] Misaligned Disk after resize

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Jul 22 13:27:10 UTC 2014

Hi Neil,

To severely impact iops with a single nonaligned VM - image the is
rather unusual.

Can you please be more specific:
IIRC, to run into the misalignment scenario you need block backed
storage for your VM. So FC / Posix / iSCSI but not NFS.
- The CPU load of the visualization host or the VM?
- Can you confirm (eg. with top) that you have constant a high IO Wait
(>20%) there?

Cheers,

On Di, 2014-07-22 at 14:47 +0200, Neil wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We re-sized (expanded) a Server 2003 VM a few weeks back and since
> then the CPU load seems to be rather excessive. Also in the oVirt GUI
> it reports the disk is misaligned, I've done a bit of reading and it
> sounds like the only way to correct the alignment again is to
> re-install, is this the only option?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards.
>
> Neil Wilson.

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767