[ovirt-users] MS Cluster Services suppot

Tiemen Ruiten t.ruiten at rdmedia.com
Wed Jul 23 09:21:41 UTC 2014

On 07/23/14 10:28, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 07/23/2014 10:50 AM, Tiemen Ruiten wrote:

>>> I think there is still some gap around virtio-scsi, but don't remember
>>> of the top of my head.
>>
>> I tried that this week and it seems like SCSI3 persistent reservations
>> are not supported yet by the VirtIO-SCSI driver, therefore it's
>> impossible to set up shared storage. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
>>

> did you try an external (direct lun) disk with 'privileged scsi'
> commands?

I just tried that and Cluster Validation gives me this error for the
intended shared disk (direct lun, attached to two VM's, shareable,
privileged scsi):

"Disk bus does not support clustering. The required inquiry data (SCSI
page 83h VPD descriptor) was reported as not being supported."

In the report, the VPD Page 83h identifier is listed as <Unknown>.

This seems to be an issue outside of oVirt, stgt only supports this
field since version 1.0.46:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-stgt/msg04349.html
Since I'm running CentOS 6 on the machine that hosts the scsi targets
which has 1.0.25, if RedHat hasn't backported that feature, it's not
supported.

--
Tiemen Ruiten
Systems Engineer