[ovirt-users] Changing name of defaul data_domain to data_1_domain

Andy Michielsen andy.michielsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 06:10:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

Now I have done it.

I was adding a new cluster and storage domain to my ovirt enviroment.

At the end of the day I was sucsesful in doing so. Had some issues but
after carefully reading the manuals got it working just fine.

So now I have added a new CLUSTER002 with it's own datastorage
DATA_2_DOMAIN.

Then I started changing the existing default cluster name to CLUSTER001 and
changing the network from VM to VM_ROMULUS and also changed the DATA_DOMAIN
to DATA_1_DOMAIN.

Apparently this is a bad idea as I can see all my VM's but can't start them
because my ovirt enviroment tell's me the following : Cannot run VM. There
is no host that satisfies current scheduling constraints. See below for
details.

And then nothing.

So for now I 'm exporting importing the VM to my new DATA_2_DOMAIN from
DATA_1_DOMAIN, which seems to work, to be able to start my VM as I need it
realy quickly but how am I going to fix my optimistic changes ?

Kind regards.