[ovirt-users] How to reset vm from unknown state?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:46:56 UTC 2014

Thank you for Ideas,
To clarify the situation:
I have a cluster with 2 hosts:C1 and C2.With stroage on ZFS(d1) and
XFS(d2) both are with nfs mounted.
d1 was away all and VMs where paused or unknown mode.
After recovery d1 one VM with CentOS 7 didnot come back it stay in
ovirt-engine gut always in "unknown state"(with icon ?).
I just tested to be sure the bare metal hosts are ok: Movind around
some VMs from c1->c2 and disks d1-d2 .
I just rebooted hosts using maintenance mode+reinstall, then reboot by IPMI.
seems to me database of ovirt did not recognize that this VMhost needs
to be in offline or down state.
Over the web-gui I am not able to delete or reboot the VM.
Can I somehow change VM state to down in the database? Is it normal practice?

Thanks,
Arman.