[ovirt-users] Setting up all-in-one

Jaco bakgatnet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:24:25 UTC 2014

Cheers & thanks for the reply.

On 29/07/14 17:52, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:

> Well, hopefully you'll find oVirt best :-)
cheers :)

> These snippets are not enough to see *which* service failed to start - you
> should look a few lines before that.
I searched for the [ERROR] bit & looked around that, but I'll take
another look, thanks
> If it's the engine itself, you should
> look at its logs (/var/log/ovirt-engine/*.log). If it's vdsm, its own
> (/var/log/vdsm), etc.
Oh, gosh! Now it's coming back to me re the interconnected bits & where
they failed the last time 'round

> Did this include removing and reinstalling vdsm/libvirt? If not, you might want
> to try that before reinstalling the OS.
Yea - I did.
I noticed in the log it ref's Python 2.6, where 2.7 is much more
current, making me question if it's something underlying.

> They are Poc/Demo only. I wouldn't say "highly unstable", but prototyping wasn't
> a design consideration. Basically these images are very similar to what you'll get
> when installing a clean OS with all-in-one, with a few differences intended to
> automate everything, so that the user will not have to answer anything. Note that
> engine-setup is ran by it after boot, the engine is not pre-setup in the image.
Think I'll try a live USB instance to see what the system is capable of
& a semi-stable setup should look like & wipe & redo the host if the
issue persists.

Thanks for the help & kind word.

I'll report back....

Cheers