[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] oVirt 3.5 test day 2 results

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 10:34:33 UTC 2014

On Jul 30, 2014, at 11:54 , Shirly Radco <sradco at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tested 557125 - internationalize exitMessage; use meaningful exitCode
>
> These are the tests I made :
>
> power off from inside the guest -
> VM testexitmessage is down. Exit message: User shut down from within the guest
> ID 61
>
> power off from inside the admin portal -
> VM testexitmessage powered off by admin (Host: yanivs) (Reason: Not Specified).
> ID 33
>
> shotdown from inside the admin portal -
> VM shutdown initiated by admin on VM testexitmessage (Host: yanivs) (Reason: Not Specified)
> ID73
> VM testexitmessage is down. Exit message: User shut down from within the guest
> ID61
>

> shotdown from inside the guest -
> VM testexitmessage is down. Exit message: User shut down from within the guest
> ID 61
>
> reboot from guest -
> no exit reason.
>
> In espanol
>
> shotdown from inside the admin portal -
> VM shutdown initiated by admin on VM testexitmessage (Host: yanivs) (Reason: Not Specified).
> ID 73
> VM testexitmessage is down. Exit message: User shut down from within the guest
> ID 61
>

> In Deutsch
>
> power off from inside the admin portal -
> VM testexitmessage powered off by admin (Host: yanivs) (Reason: Not Specified).
> ID 33
>

> Conclutions:
> 1. I don't see translations for local langueges for the events in the admin portal.

Right, it's not part of the feature. It's only about returning a unique id for each different reason so it can be used for internationalization later

> 2. In case of shotdown from inside the admin portal  we get 2 messages instead of one. The second one(ID61) is incorrect.

this is likely a bug (adding Francesco)
I think the libvirt eventloop's

                if detail == libvirt.VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_STOPPED_SHUTDOWN:
                    self.user_destroy = True

assumption is not correct

Thanks,
michal