[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] oVirt 3.5 test day 2 results

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 13:04:10 UTC 2014

Thanks Francesco,
some comments between the lines.

----- Original Message -----

We choose that way to avoid to ask to the user to provide the root password of the engine host, in order to automatically copying files via SCP or executing commands over ssh on the remote host, for security reasons.
I agree with you that due to that assumption this result is not so usable.

> for some reasons (I cannot exclude an error from mine) engine got configured
> to use localhost as websocket proxy.

As a default value, engine-setup configure the engine to look for a websocket proxy on localhost. The setup on the two host are asynchronous but we always need a value for the websocket proxy location so we use localhost as the default value for that.
On the second host, setting up the websocket proxy, engine-setup produces all the command that the user have to run on the engine host in order to enroll the certificate and to have it pointing to the right websocket proxy.

That command in my case is:
   engine-config -s WebSocketProxy=f19t6.localdomain:6100
and should be enough to configure the websocket proxy location without manually touching the DB.

I tried to reproduce and I also encountered the problem you stated: the engine still points to localhost for websocket proxy.
Going deeper, 'engine-config -g WebSocketProxy' already returns the new correct value but the web console still points on localhost.

Now I had to reload the whole engine to make that property effective; if I remember correctly with past release it was enough to change the property value without reloading it.
I'm reporting a bug for that: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1124851

> To fix this I edited the engine config (update on DBMS), but then faced this
> error on proxy side:
>
> Jul 29 17:13:14 shinji ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[17004]: 1: handler exception:
> [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no
> shared cipher
>
> to redo the websocket setup I removed (actually renamed)
> /etc/pki/ovirt-engine and rerun setup.
>
> After that everything worked fine
>
> Jul 29 17:26:52 shinji ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[17180]: 8: connecting to:
> 192.168.1.53:5900 (using SSL)
> Jul 29 17:26:52 shinji ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[17180]: 5: 192.168.1.177:
> SSL/TLS (wss://) WebSocket connection
> Jul 29 17:26:52 shinji ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[17180]: 5: 192.168.1.177:
> Version hybi-13, base64: 'False'
> Jul 29 17:26:52 shinji ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[17180]: 5: 192.168.1.177:
>
> 192.168.1.53 is the hypervisor host I used
>
> Now the point is maybe I did some mistakes or overlooked some configuration
> steps
> (maybe blindly hit return instead of changing a default), but I suggest to
> improve
> the docs/wiki to document how to fix common gotchas and/or to reconfigure
> things.

ok, I'll do.