[ovirt-users] Proper way to change and persist vdsm configuration options

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:28:55 UTC 2014

I'm running ovirt nodes that are stock CentOS 6.5 systems with VDSM
installed.  I am using iSER to do iSCSI over RDMA and to make that
work I have to modify /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf to include the following:

[irs]
iscsi_default_ifaces = iser,default

I've noticed that any time I upgrade a node from the engine web
interface that changes to vdsm.conf are wiped out.  I don't know if
this is being done by the configuration code or by the vdsm package.
Is there a more reliable way to ensure changes to vdsm.conf are NOT
removed automatically?

Thanks,
- Trey