[ovirt-users] [Spice-devel] USB redirection

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Tue Jun 3 08:58:55 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 10:33 AM, Jean-Pierre WEISS wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> I have 2 clients, one on fedora 20 with spice-xpi 2.8.90-1.fc20 and one
> on debian 7.5 with spice-client.
>
> The USB Support is set to Native but, on the vm, I can't see any USB
> device that is connected to my clients.

I just tested USB redirection with a Fedora 20 client to a Fedora 20
guest (don't have a virtualized Windows 7 vm atm).

It works, but:

- With spice-xpi the automatic USB redirection didn't work. I had to
leave full screen, choose File - USB device selection and manually
select the USB device I want to redirect

- With native client USB redirection works out of the box

Btw, I also figured out that Fedora 20 (the client) blocks USB
redirection if you have SELinux on enforcing - setting it to permissive
works.

Regards,
René