[ovirt-users] [Spice-devel] USB redirection

Jean-Pierre WEISS jweiss at mairie-saint-ouen.fr
Tue Jun 3 09:31:08 UTC 2014

Thank you, it was so simple... I'm confusing, I haven't see the
option on the menu on spice-xpi.

In fact, it works on my Fedora 20
client. But not on my Debian client for, with spice-client, I d'ont have
the menu to had USB devices. Is it a way to automatically mount USB
devices ?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre WEISS
Administrateur Systèmes et
Réseaux
Mairie de Saint-Ouen

Le 03/06/2014 10:58, René Koch a écrit :

> On 06/03/2014 10:33 AM, Jean-Pierre WEISS wrote:
>
>> Thank you, I
have 2 clients, one on fedora 20 with spice-xpi 2.8.90-1.fc20 and one on
debian 7.5 with spice-client. The USB Support is set to Native but, on
the vm, I can't see any USB device that is connected to my clients.

I just tested USB redirection with a Fedora 20 client to a Fedora 20

guest (don't have a virtualized Windows 7 vm atm).

> It works, but:
>

> - With spice-xpi the automatic USB redirection didn't work. I had to

> leave full screen, choose File - USB device selection and manually

select the USB device I want to redirect

> - With native client USB
redirection works out of the box

> Btw, I also figured out that
Fedora 20 (the client) blocks USB
> redirection if you have SELinux on
enforcing - setting it to permissive

Saint-Ouen Tel : 01 49 45 77 18 Le 03/06/2014 01:40, Cody Chan a écrit :

>>> Hi, you also need usbclerk/zadig in client if your client is
windows, and don't forget to choose "Native" for usb-redir in ovirt
manager before starting the vm Regards Cody On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:37
AM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>> wrote: On
06/02/2014 03:57 PM, Jean-Pierre WEISS wrote: Hi, I'm trying to redirect
USB devices on a Windows 7 vm. But, after searching the web, I didn't
find any procedure to do this. Here is my configuration : Host : CentOS
6.5 with ovirt 3.4.0.1-el6 vm : Windows 7 with the virtio drivers
(virtio-win- 0.1.74) installed, spice-guest-tools-0.74, and
ovirt-guest-agent installed. All is working fine, except that I can see
the USB devices connected to the client. Any clue ? Thanks, Jean-Pierre
WEISS Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux Mairie de Saint-Ouen

[2]
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users&gt;
[3]
[4]