[ovirt-users] Help creating virtual machines in ovirt

Joop van de Wege jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 4 05:26:53 UTC 2014

On 4 juni 2014 04:49:10 CEST, Grant Tailor <therealwebguru at gmail.com> wrote:
>Fixed the VNC problem
>
>FIX
>
>#1 edited the /etc/hosts file on  my windows PC to pint the FQDN to the
>ip
>address of the ovirt engine server and that was it!!!
>
>Please add this to the documentation for people using windows to manage
>thier ovirt clusters

Its mentioned in the documentation that you will need a working dns infrastructure, either using a dns server or using host files.

I discovered by accident yesterday that if you name your vms with its ip address that you probably won't need everything in dns or hosts but that gets cumbersome quite fast.

Joop