[ovirt-users] Firewall?

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 08:02:54 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 09:37 AM, Ovirt User wrote:
> Thanks livnat,
>
> but i don't really understand .
>
> The security group feature defines iptables rules on the note itself.
>
> About that: how can i define security group rules ? and in a cluster, they are automatically propagated al all nodes ?

The security group is configured per VM, the rules are configured by the
system on the node the VM is running on.

>From the user perspective you need to configure a security group policy
and then associate the VM with the relevant policy, there is also a
default policy to which all VMs are associated by default.

To use this feature you need to use the oVirt-Neutron integration -
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Detailed_OSN_Integration#Security_groups

One caveat in this integration is that we did not handle VM migration yet.