[ovirt-users] Rename disks when creating VM from Template

s k sokratis123k at outlook.com
Thu Jun 5 19:07:44 UTC 2014

Just noticed that I can actually change the disk name at the bottom of Resource Allocation. Apparently I never scrolled down to the very bottom :)

From: sokratis123k at outlook.com
To: users at ovirt.org
Subject: Rename disks when creating VM from Template
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 11:59:55 +0300

Hello all,
I have noticed that when I create a VM from a template the disks of the VM have the name of the Templates's disk.
What I would like is to be able to rename the VM's disks based on the hostname.
For example the template I use have the following disk names:
VM_Template_Disk1VM_Template_Disk2VM_Template_Disk3
When I create a new VM (e.g. testvm01) the disk names remain the same. What I would like is to be able to rename them automatically as below:
testvm01_Disk1testvm01_Disk2testvm01_Disk3
At the moment I'm editing the names manually using the oVirt GUI.
Is it possible to do this automatically?
Thanks,
Sokratis