[ovirt-users] Issue / strange behavior with GlusterFS nodes

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Fri Jun 6 08:15:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have the following oVirt setup:
2 storage hosts with GlusterFS (replicated) - will be extended to 4
hosts (distributed-replicated)
4 virtualization hosts
1 datacenter
2 clusters (1 only for virtualization, 1 only for GlusterFS)

The strange thing is now:
One of the 2 GlusterFS hosts (these hosts and the Gluster volumes are
managed by oVirt) fails to mount one of the storage domains, but I can
mount it manually.

So the first question is: why should these hosts mount the storage
domains? They are in a cluster without virtualization, so it's not
possible to run virtual machines on these hosts. I think they try to
mount the storage domains because the storage domains are attached to
the data center, but imho the cluster should be checked as well if
virtualization is enabled.

So I was thinking of moving the GlusterFS cluster to a new data center
without storage domains, but this is impossible as Gluster volumes are
created. The only possibility would be to remove the Gluster volume.

So do you have any idea how I can solve this issue? I mean the Gluster
volume is working fine, but it's really disturbing that I get an error
message every 5 minutes.

Thanks!

--
Best Regards