[ovirt-users] experience with AMD Kabini (Jaguar) CPUs

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 09:32:29 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi everyone,

I'm playing with a new AMD Kabini host, to see how it behaves as very low-cost[1],
low-consumption hypervisor host[2]. I'm still installing the node, so I don't
have actual data yet.

According to libvirt, the host present itself as Opteron_G3.

Plese find attached the output from
virsh (1.2.5) capabilities (caps.txt)
lscpu (lscpu.txt)
lspci (lspci.txt)

+++

[1] You can get a CPU + mainboard with ~85 EURO or even less, and it will consume
25W fully loaded, much less when idle. The fan is close to inaudible.
[2] I'll put together a document/wiki page with my findings and experience
afterwards.

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D