[ovirt-users] oVirt Self Hosted Engine question

KevinTang at umac.mo KevinTang at umac.mo
Mon Jun 9 03:56:53 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Dear Sean Cohen & Sandro Bonazzola,

I found your toturial about oVirt Self Hosted Engine from here, I have a
question about it. Would you help me?
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Self_Hosted_Engine

My problem is:

First, I am Following the tutorial, In machine 'Srv1', type these two
command to install oVirt Host & Engine:
# yum install ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
# hosted-engine --deploy
Then I success create a Engine, and I can use web browser to access the
Engine in other PC.

Then, in second machine 'Srv2', type these two command to install second
oVirt Host.
# yum install ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
# hosted-engine --deploy

My first problem is:
in second machine 'Srv2', after issue command 'hosted-engine --deploy',
and it prompt '[ INFO  ] Waiting for VDSM hardware info'. System will ask
me and wait my input for (1. Setup finish, 2. Restart VM, 3. Exit). I
don't know what should I do now.

My second problem is:
I use another PC web browser connect to my oVirt Engine, and ask Engine to
add Host 'Srv2' into Cluster. It is done and successful. But when I try to
keep 'Srv2' is running, and make 'Srv1' to reboot. I found that I cannot
connect to oVirt Engine anymore. I try to type 'hosted-engine --vm-start'
in first machine 'Srv1', but it has error and cannot start my Engine
virtual machine. Therefore, I cannot connect to my Engine anymore. How
should I do now?

My three question is:
How to make my Engine become HA? Since when 'Srv1' reboot, the Engine
cannot jump to 'Srv2' automatically.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Kevin Tang
AMSV - STATE KEY LABORATORY OF ANALOG AND MIXED-SIGNAL VLSI
University of Macau
Tel: (+853) 8397-8035