[ovirt-users] Ovirt Guest Agent Windows 7

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 06:37:03 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 10:21 PM, Jeff Clay wrote:
> I have the spice guest agent/tools installed, but I'm reading that I
> also need to install/setup the ovirt-guest-agent to get proper
> reporting of resources, etc. I'm following the instructions in
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-guest-agent/blob/master/ovirt-guest-agent/README-windows.txt
>

> I am confused at
>
> "Update the AGENT_CONFIG global variable in OVirtGuestService.py to
> point to
> right configuration location."
> I can find the file without issue, the value I'm requested to change
> has a default value of: AGENT_CONFIG = 'ovirt-guest-agent.ini'
>

> I cannot locate a file named ovirt-guest-agent.ini within the
> C:\ovirt-guest-agent-master\ovirt-guest-agent folder so I'm not sure
> what to set this value to.
The file is not located in in ovirt-guest-agent-master\configurations\
Please copy all *.ini files into the same folder as the executable.
Then it should work.

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com