[ovirt-users] oVirt - Node install on CentOS

Simon Barrett Simon.Barrett at tradingscreen.com
Mon Jun 9 16:43:26 UTC 2014

Could anyone please confirm the correct process to run oVirt node on a standard CentOS install, rather than using the node iso?

I'm currently doing the following:

-          Install CentOS 6.5

-          Install qemu-kvm-rhev rpm's to resolve live snapshot issues on the CentOS supplied rpm's

-          Yum install vdsm ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm vdsm-reg

o   I have to remove noexec from /tmp or the config fails

-          I then add the node from the ovirt-engine gui

After resolving some problems with group memberships and vdsm requiring sudo access, all is working. Live snapshots and storage migration are OK (tested NFS and Gluster as well).

I couldn't really find any docs on how to do this so I just wanted to confirm if what I am doing makes sense.

I also don't have the text configuration interface that I would normally get on the oVirt node iso. Can I install this and use it on a non node iso install?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Simon