[ovirt-users] Hacking in Ceph rather then Gluster.

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Jun 9 17:28:16 UTC 2014

So I understand that the news is still fresh and there may not be much
going on yet in making Ceph work with ovirt, but I thought I would reach
out and see if it was possible to hack them together and still use librdb
rather then NFS.

I know, why not just use Gluster... the problem is I have tried to use
Gluster for VM storage for years and I still don't think it is ready. Ceph
still has work in other areas, but this is one area where I think it
shines. This is a new lab cluster and I would like to try to use ceph over
gluster if possible.

Unless I am missing something, can anyone tell me they are happy with
Gluster as a backend image store? This will be a small 16 node 10 gig
cluster of shared compute / storage (yes I know people want to keep them
separate).

><>
nathan stratton | vp technology | broadsoft, inc | +1-240-404-6580 |
www.broadsoft.com