[ovirt-users] oVirt - Node install on CentOS

Simon Barrett Simon.Barrett at tradingscreen.com
Fri Jun 13 13:24:58 UTC 2014

One thing I do have to tweak is the group on /var/run/sanlock/sanlock.sock. By default, when I reboot the owner/group/perms are this:

srw-rw---- 1 sanlock root 0 Jun 13 09:08 sanlock.sock

vdsm then has problems accessing sanlock.sock and I see errors like this in engine.log:

2014-06-13 06:18:41,436 INFO  [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.CreateStoragePoolVDSCommand] (org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-17) [12b48409] Command org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroke
r.CreateStoragePoolVDSCommand return value
StatusOnlyReturnForXmlRpc [mStatus=StatusForXmlRpc [mCode=661, mMessage=Cannot acquire host id: ('634aad80-503a-4e59-9738-15b6fb1bf10a', SanlockException(13, 'Sanlock lockspace add failure', 'Permission denied'))]]

If I chgrp qemu /var/run/sanlock/sanlock.sock then all works fine.

I know I can change the default group membership for sanlock in /etc/libvirt/qemu-sanlock.conf but was wondering if this is something that the vdsm install should take care of?

Thanks,

Simon