[ovirt-users] Working but unstable storage domains

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue Jun 10 18:36:27 UTC 2014

I'm running oVirt Engine 3.2.0-2.fc18 (which I know is out of date) on
a dedicated physical host; we have 12 hosts split between two clusters
and nine storage domains, all NFS.

Late last week, a VM that in the scope of our clusters consumes a lot
of resources failed in migration. Since then the storage domains have
from the engine's point of view been going up and down (though the
underlying NFS exports are fine). Key symptoms from the oVirt Manager:

  * two of the storage domains are always marked as having type of
    "Data (Master)" when historically only one was;

  * the Manager reports "Storage Pool Manager runs on $host" then
    "Sync Error on Master Domain..." then "Reconstruct Master Domain
    ...completed" then "Data Center is being initialized" over and
    over and over again.

The Sync Error messages indicate "$pool is marked as Mater in oVirt
Engine database but not on the Storage side. Please consult with
Support on how to fix this issue." Note that $pool changes between the
various domains that get marked as Data (Master).

Clues, anyone? I'm happy to provide logs (though they're all quite
large).

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com