[ovirt-users] Feature GlusterVolumeSnapshots not in 3.5?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 09:01:36 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 01:19 PM, Jorick Astrego wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> After reading up on all the backup possibilities of our ovirt cluster
> (we now do in VM backup with our traditional backup software), I came
> across http://www.ovirt.org/Features/GlusterVolumeSnapshots
>
> *Name*: Gluster Volume Snapshot
> *Modules*: engine
> *Target version*: 3.5
> *Status*: Not Started
> *Last updated*: 2014-01-21 by Shtripat
>
> It was originally planned for 3.5 but I haven't seen it on the oVirt
> Planning & Tracking document on google docs. It looks like a great
> feature, is this still planned somewhere in the future?

Being able to manage gluster volume snapshots is on our to-do list.
We're currently prioritizing the backlog to see which of the gluster
features -(managing/monitoring georeplication, quota, snapshot) - need
to be added to next release.

Meanwhile, you could use the gluster cli option to create volume snapshot.