[ovirt-users] oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes -- 2014-06-11

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 15:27:27 UTC 2014

Minutes:        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-06-11-14.05.html
Minutes (text): http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-06-11-14.05.txt
Log:            http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-06-11-14.05.log.html

=========================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Sync
=========================

Meeting started by doron at 14:05:00 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-06-11-14.05.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda and roll Call  (doron, 14:05:01)
  * infra update  (doron, 14:05:03)
  * 3.4.z updates  (doron, 14:05:04)
  * 3.5 status  (doron, 14:05:06)
  * conferences and workshops  (doron, 14:05:07)
  * other topics  (doron, 14:05:09)

* infra update  (doron, 14:05:32)
  * infra updates: we had a major meltdown of the gerrit server
    yesterday, we are trying to leverage the load while investigating
    the causes  (doron, 14:07:19)
  * old os1 slaves soon to be replaced with the new ones. We do not
    expect interruption.  (doron, 14:09:02)

* 3.4.z updates  (doron, 14:09:31)
  * updated timeline for 3.4.z: 3.4.3 RC in July 10 and GA in July 17
    (doron, 14:20:20)

* 3.5 status  (doron, 14:21:15)
  * gluster 3.5 updates: 2 features merged. Last one pending a patch
    review in vdsm. Good chances for making it on time.  (doron,
    14:27:27)
  * infra 3.5 updates; most features are in. a few are being verified
    and some will need further stabilization.  (doron, 14:29:20)
  * infra REST 3.5 status: 1069204 RFE postponed.  (doron, 14:33:12)
  * integration 3.5 updates: most features are in.Separate installation
    for dwh / reports / web proxy is in final stages and expected to
    make it.  (doron, 14:38:28)
  * network 3.5 status: all set. several features postponed to the next
    version.  (doron, 14:40:02)
  * network 3.5 status: all set. 2 features postponed to the next
    version.  (doron, 14:40:43)
  * node 3.5 status: 2 features are in. ovirt virt appliance should be
    in in the next day or so.  (doron, 14:42:42)
  * sla 3.5 updates: 3 features merged. NUMA and QoS mostly there. We
    may need heavy stabilization post feature freeze for it. 1 feature
    postponed.  (doron, 14:46:07)
  * storage 3.5 updates: most features are in. Exceptions: live merge -
    engine side, , aiming for eo. attach/detach - basic functionality
    in, the rest should be by eow. exp/imp will be postponed.  (doron,
    14:55:44)
  * UX 3.5 updates: none. all set for 3.5.  (doron, 14:57:00)
  * LINK: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/26917/ would be nice to get in to
    close line 72 (again, very small feature, not worth waiting)
    (mskrivanek, 15:00:58)
  * virt 3.5 status: most features are in. virtio-rng should make it.
    others may slip.  (doron, 15:11:05)
  * ACTION: sbonazzo starting next week we should start tracking 3.5
    blockers next week.  (doron, 15:15:54)

* conferences and workshops  (doron, 15:16:04)
  * oVirt workshop to be co-located with KVM Forum October 14 - 16, 2014
    (doron, 15:16:37)
  * We may be setting up a workshop/event in China sometime in late
    summer, based on feedback from China users group. OSCON is next up
    on July 20-24, 2014  (doron, 15:17:12)

* other topics  (doron, 15:17:29)=========================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Sync
=========================

[...]

  * Join oVirt Google Plus community page:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109346090491400112913
    (doron, 15:18:24)
  * we started mirroring ovirt to  http://ovirt-china.org/ so Chinese
    nationals can get access to our content.  (doron, 15:18:51)
  * bkp pulling together stats of unique downloads of oVirt software
    from the main site. Once smoothed out, we will move forward with
    implementing on our mirror sites.  (doron, 15:19:38)
  * bkp looking for alternative AUS mirror.  (doron, 15:20:06)

Meeting ended at 15:23:19 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* sbonazzo starting next week we should start tracking 3.5 blockers next
  week.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* sbonazzo
  * sbonazzo starting next week we should start tracking 3.5 blockers
    next week.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)