[ovirt-users] oVirt May 2014 Updates

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 09:41:24 UTC 2014

* What's New?

   * oVirt 3.4.2 Released
     http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-June/025030.html

   * oVirt 3.5.0 Alpha 2 Released
     http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-June/024983.html

   * Join oVirt Google Plus community page:
     https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109346090491400112913

   * Folks aren't waiting for 3.5 release to start using this one
     http://www.ovirt.org/Features/oVirt_Windows_Guest_Tools

   * René Koch is looking for insights so he can extend his Monitoring
     plugin to Zabbix

   * oVirt Node with Kimchi
     http://www.udpwork.com/item/12557.html

   * Amador Pahim created a small gtk based user portal
     http://alturl.com/9n2ek

   * Started mirroring ovirt to http://ovirt-china.org/ so Chinese
     nationals can get access to our content.

   * Gianluca Cecchi is looking at localizing the GUI to Italian

   * Package spice-xpi is now in Trusty and Utopic (debian/ubuntu)
     https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/943510

* Events and Activities

   * oVirt workshop to be co-located with KVM Forum October 14 - 16, 2014

   * We may be setting up a workshop/event in China sometime in late
     summer, based on feedback from China users group. OSCON is next up
     on July 20-24, 2014

   * 适兕 (lijiangsheng1) presented oVirt FUDConf APAC 2014 Beijing
     http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-May/024740.html

   * Douglas on FISL 15
     http://dougsland.livejournal.com/123103.html

     How to install oVirt. Room 41D pic.twitter.com/jvBCEdFzH2

   * René Koch reports on oVirt open source events in Austria
     http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-May/024190.html

* Recent Posts

   * Brian Profit posted on LWN: Virtual data center management with
     oVirt 3.4
     http://lwn.net/Articles/600370/

   * oVirt Korea Users Group - OVIRT 3.4 ON CENTOS 6.5
     http://alturl.com/fvy3w

   *  Setting up a TFTP server, PXE boot server with libvirt and
      virt-manager for ovirt-node (Douglas Landgraf)
      http://dougsland.livejournal.com/123242.html

   * Dan Kenigsberg was invited to the Xen Hackathon
     http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2014-June/007600.html

   * Related: Converting a VMware virtual machine to RHEV (KVM)
     http://alturl.com/2p6bw

   * Brian Proffitt reported on his trip to FISL
     http://t.co/kG2N20KP4H

   * "Techblue Software @TechbluSoftware
      TBS has recently implemented a fully featured virtual data-center
      using ovirt."