[ovirt-users] How to change a pool's template

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Thu Jun 12 13:33:09 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 08:58 AM, Omer Frenkel wrote:

> [...]

I tried this features with oVirt 3.4.1, but it didn't work as expected.

When selecting latest and a guest is shut down it will be deleted.
The expected behavior would be that a new vm with the newest version of
this template (latest subtemplate) would be started.

The actual behavior is the following: VM will be deleted, pool is
decreased by 1 vm and vm is started as a standalone (desktop) vm.

So the whole pool features is broken when using latest template feature
(in 3.4.1 - didn't test it with 3.4.2 yet).

Regards,
René