[ovirt-users] novnc error

Garrett Baltezegar my91rt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:33:09 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm running into an error getting novnc up and running with ovirt, and I'm
hoping someone can help.

My system is a CentOS minimal x86_64 install running ovirt fine.  I have
created VMs and I'm able to configure the console options.  When I  attempt
to connect to them, however, I get a Server disconnected (code: 1006)
error.  I've searched online for a solution, but everything seems to point
to simply running the engine-setup configuration utility and installing the
ca.crt. I have tried both of these things, but I keep getting the same
message, in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.

Disabled iptables and selinux.
Connected directly to VM with VNC
Checked ovirt-websocket-proxy, and it is running - haven't touched config
file - SSL=true
Installed ca.crt - multiple times
Reinstalled ovirt - clean first, the reinstall.
Reinstalled ca.crt

Nothing has helped so far.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I have a
straight-forward setup using engine-setup; accepting the default answer
most of the time.  GlusterFS being one of the non-defaults.

I appreciate your suggestions!

GB