[ovirt-users] localdomain

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 08:53:30 UTC 2014

On 12 Jun 2014, at 05:11, Andrew Lau wrote:

> The cloud-init integration was a little flaky when I was using it,

when it was introduced in 3.3 - definitely

> I ended up not using any of the inbuilt oVirt options (eg. hostname,
> root password). Root password never worked for me as it'd force a
> reset on first login.. defeating the purpose.

yes. This has been fixed since (IIRC in 3.4, maybe a bit later, not sure)

I'm not aware of any further issues with cloud-init recently…it should be fine
there's always room for some enhancements…but pretty much you can add whatever is missing in a custom config section (also for windows sysprep) today

Thanks,
michal