[ovirt-users] SLA : RAM scheduling

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 10:21:46 UTC 2014

On 13 Jun 2014, at 11:04, Sven Kieske wrote:

> Well, I know this is not that
> helpful but afaik there is work done
> to replace xml-rpc communication with json based
> communication.

@Sven:
yeah, and one of the (many) reasons why we want it. But that's vdsm.
Scheduler is a different package/app.
Typical workaround is to use a string type to pass integer numbers (or use smaller numbers:)

> Am 13.06.2014 10:57, schrieb Joop:
>> Then oVirt shouldn't either use that kind of numbers or should not use
>> xmlrpc.
>>
>> Sorry but thats a non-answer and doesn't help anybody.

@Joop:
what's with the attitude?
I have nothing to do with the scheduler and I have no idea what is it trying or supposed to return…I'm just pointing out the error is due to the large whatever number being returned; in hope of someone with knowledge of the scheduler will take it from there.
I'd tend to agree XMLRPC is not the best thing to use; and I think it's important to keep reminding the common pitfalls of it.

>> Howto solve this problem. Do you need a BZ?

patches welcome, BZ always helps. However I'd wait for someone more familiar with the code to answer.

Thanks,
michal