[ovirt-users] oVirt - Node install on CentOS

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 13 10:53:36 UTC 2014

Sven Kieske wrote:
> +1 from me, this should work without manual tweaking (except for live
> snapshots).
>
> Am 09.06.2014 20:32, schrieb Joop:
>
>> If you install a minimal Centos-6.5 and add the ovirt repository and
>> then add the host using the webui of engine then it will install all
>> needed packages (vdsm/libvirt/kvm) and you're done. You can then replace
>> the standard qemu with the one that will do live snapshots. Depending on
>> where you're storage is located you shouldn't have to tinker with
>> memberships etc.

Looking at this again I would like the webui install process to add the
repo too :-)
If engine-setup is up to date it could know the location  of the
ovirt-repo.rpm and install it automatically. There is probably a very
good reason why it doesn't do this since I can't imagine I'm the first
one to think about this.

Joop