[ovirt-users] Live Snapshot issue (once more) with the new QEMU Packages (V10) from CENTOS Updates

Douglas Schilling Landgraf dougsland at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 00:18:34 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,

On 06/13/2014 04:02 PM, Christian Rebel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after today's CentOS "yum update", I had once more the Problem with LIVE
> Snapshots due to the new "qemu packages".
> Can anyone explain me why there is such a huge difference between the
> "CENTOS QEMU Packages" and the "Jenkins RHEV qemu Packages".

CentOS package doesn't enable the rhev-features during the build of
package. We are working with CentOS guys to get such build directly in
CentOS Virt repo instead of in our jenkins server.

Threads about this topic in CentOS Virt SIG:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2014-May/003832.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2014-June/003869.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2014-June/003883.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2014-June/003921.html

> CENTOS QEMU = LIVE Snapshot failed (tested with qemu versions V8 and V10)
> *	VDSErrorException: VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to
> SnapshotVDS, error = Snapshot failed, code = 48
>
> JENKINS QEMU = LIVE Snapshots ok (tested with qemu versions V8 and V10)
> *	Command CreateAllSnapshotsFromVm, Parameters Type
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.asynctasks.AsyncTaskParameters) returned status
> finished, result 'success'.

Hi Karanbir, do you have any update on that topic?

Thanks!

--
Cheers
Douglas