[ovirt-users] stupid dependency problems

ml ml mliebherr99 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:28:51 UTC 2014

Hello List,

i messed up my GlusterFS because i change some partition/fstab stuff.

Now my Storage is down or the xattr stuff is messed up. Never mind.

Now i would like to set up my cluster again without engine-cleanup - since
this will wipe ALL my datacenters, too.

I am trying to delete my VM:
Cannot remove VM: Storage Domain cannot be accessed.
-Please check that at least one Host is operational and Data Center state
is up.

then i try to detach the storage from the DataCenter:
Cannot remove VM: Storage Domain cannot be accessed.
-Please check that at least one Host is operational and Data Center state
is up.

Then i try to remove the Cluster:

Error while executing action: Cannot remove Cluster. One or more VMs are
still assigned to the Cluster

How can i get back to a "clean" Cluster without fixing my storage first?

Can i not wipe out my Cluster and all its dependencies without running in
circles?

Thanks,
Mario