[ovirt-users] VM deletion issue

Pat Pierson ihasn2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:32:47 UTC 2014

I am running ovirt 3.3.2 and gluster 3.4 and recently had a pretty
catastrophic failure of my small 3 node cluster.  Long story short I lost
the disk to a VM and decided to delete (start over with) now magically
re-appears as "external-vmname".  When I attempt to delete it again, it
deletes, but then shows up some time later.  If I try to run the vm I get
the following popup error in the ovirt admin ui:

Error while executing action:

external-vmname:

Cannot run VM. This VM is not managed by the engine.

Has anyone seen this before? Any pointers on where to look for more
information?

--
Patrick Pierson