[ovirt-users] VMware machines disk locked

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 18 06:50:47 UTC 2014

On 18-6-2014 7:30, andy.michielsen at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are having problems with a VMware machine. In the engine I can see the status of its disks are locked. I don't know exactly what my co worker did but it's up to me to find out and fix it.
>
> So what log's should I check and what entry should I look for.
>
> Can I find out why the disks are locked via the cli ?
>
> Can I look in the database and change the status ?

You should be able to see in the message pane what was done in the past
and try to correlate that with the locked disks. Further if you look on
the host which is the SPM you could see a dd process. Cloning disks,
exporting VMs are done using dd on the SPM.

Hoping the devs have some more things to check.

Joop