[ovirt-users] oVirt Node as vm

Stefan Sahlender ssahlender at gmx.de
Thu Jun 19 18:57:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

I want to run oVirt Node as vm to learn a little bit about ovirt. But
I'm facing some problems.

I understand that oVirt Node maybe needs to see the vmx feature from the
cpu so that kvm will work.

But I can't get the oVirt Node ISO booting at all.

I tried it in VirtualBox ... since it doesn't support nested
virtualization I understand why it doesn't boot ... perhaps.

But I tried it also on ESX and in the configuration i said that the
virtualization features of the CPU should be passed through. If I boot a
Live CD with that configuration see with cat /proc/cpuinfo that vmx is
available.

When I boot the oVirt Node ISO it just hangs after the 30 seconds count
down ...I just see the background from the boot menu and it hangs the
forever.

Anybody else facing the same problem. Or is it just not possible to run
oVirt Node as VM?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards