[ovirt-users] logs and ovirt

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 19:33:09 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nathanaël Blanchet" <blanchet at abes.fr>
> To: "users" <users at ovirt.org>
> Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 1:46:13 PM
> Subject: [ovirt-users] logs and ovirt
>
> Hi,

Hi

> Several questions today about logs.
>

>     * what is ovirt-log-collector for?

ovirt-log-collector is a tool that is used to collect all relevant logs and help us analyze failures in oVirt

>     * sometimes, I can't find the output of the event tab into
>     /var/log/ovirt-engine. where can I find the whole content of the event
>     tab?

The content of the events tab resides in the database in a table named audit_log, this content is different from the content we write to the engine log file

>     * is there a way for collecting both engine and host vdsm logs to a
>     syslog server?

AFAIK there is a RFE for that at least for the engine side