[ovirt-users] Kvm to ovirt

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Wed Jun 25 07:00:27 UTC 2014

Am 24.06.2014 19:31, schrieb Joop:
> One way is to generate a VM in oVirt with the right disk size and then
> shut it down, shutdown your source VM on kvm and then dd the image over.
> Try it with a small VM. It should work.
> I have had good success with fsarchiver. Boot from systemrescue CD and
> backup using fsarchiver and restore on oVirt.

Just in case: you want to be sure to have virtio support inside your vms
before doing this. Any modern linux kernel has it, but for windows you'd
have to install them by hand or use virt-v2v.

HTH

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen