[ovirt-users] Ip spoofing

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 11:12:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:17:25PM +0800, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes...i already removed the macspoof....i have 3 hosts in the cluster...but
> i have applied this hook on one server only..not all,but at the time of VM
> deployment i assign the specific host for the VM,so that the VM should
> deploy on the same host that has the hook.
>
> Do i need to install the hook on all the hosts and give a try ??

No, as long as you start the VM on the specific host you should be fine.
The fact that the macspoof hook disappeared made me worry that you have
not.

Unfortunately, I have no more guesses why this specific hook would not
run when it should. What happens when you put a silly script instead,
that only does

    echo hello world > /dev/stderr

can you see a trace of it in vdsm.log?

Remind me, does

    PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/vdsm /usr/libexec/vdsm/hooks/before_device_create/50_noipspoof.py --test

work for you?