[ovirt-users] does ovirt suit for managing for farm of test machines?

Michael Cherkasov michael.cherkasov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:34:28 UTC 2014

Hello.

I have to manage about farm of 30 virtual machines
the farm is hosted on two severs, it consists of windows, linux and solaris
OSs.
I use VirtualBox for virtualization.

I did all setup manually, if I need to apply changes I again  do this
manually and this is real hell.

So now I'm looking for a way to automate this.
I have a few gold images of OS, if I need to setup new machine I clone it,
then I setup new network setting for it manually and setup
test demon.
if I need to change test environment I have to change gold image, then
remove all
test machines and clone gold images and again configure network and setup
test demon
and all I need to do manually.

Can ovirt to help automate this scenarios?

Thanks,
Michael.