[Users] oVirt 3.5 planning

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Mon Mar 3 12:35:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 02/24/2014 05:59 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> with oVirt 3.4 getting close to GA with many many great features, time
> to collect requests for 3.5...

Here's my wish list :)

- Cloning of vms VMs without templates (of is this already implemented)?

- Enable host updates through engine (yum update via oVirt engine)

- Integrate v2v into oVirt engine

- hosted engine with iSCSI/FC/GlusterFS support

- ISO and export domain on FC/iSCSI/GlusterFS would be nice
ISO domain on GlusterFS using POSIXFS domain doesn't work for me in
oVirt 3.4

- Central Repository for oVirt guest agents
Atm packages are available for Debian, SLES, RHEL/CentOS, Fedora but
there are different sources and users have to know where to find the
guest tools. So would love to see e.g.
http://resources.ovirt.org/guest-agents/{ubuntu,debian,opensuse,...}

Windows needs to be created manually as described here
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Guest_Agent_For_Windows, right?

I could provide repositories for guest agent in a central point and also
Windows guest agent packages if you don't plan to do it on ovirt.org as
I have to required infrastructure (OBS with multiple distributions in
it) on our side.

- RHEV guest tools APT (Application Provisioning Tool) for Windows
ported to oVirt
This makes it easier to update guest tools on Windows...

- Upload ISOs thorugh oVirt engine gui

- Use existing share for ISO domain
When creating an ISO domain, oVirt creates it's own directory structure
with IDs. It would be nice if an existing share could be used (e.g. an
ISO share on NFS server which is used by other service, too) without
creating the structure with IDs. I know that the IDs are needed
internally but I think it should be possible to reuse an existing share.

- Signed RPMs
gpgcheck=0 is really ugly...

- NFS options for storage domains
It would be great if I can change NFS options like e.g. mountproto=tcp
for NFS storage domains.

Regards,
René