[Users] [QE] oVirt 3.3.5 status

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 13:42:53 UTC 2014

Hi,
  now that 3.3.4 has been released, it's time to look at 3.3.5.
Here is the tentative timeline:

    General availability: 2014-04-09
    RC Build: 2014-04-02

Nightly builds are available enabling the oVirt 3.3 snapshots repositories:

# yum-config-manager --enable ovirt-3.3-snapshot
# yum-config-manager --enable ovirt-3.3-snapshot-static

As you can see there won't be any beta release before RC for 3.3.z and the
same will be for 3.4.z.
Now we've nightly builds also for stable branches so you can test them
whenever you want to. If you're going to test it, please add yourself
as tester on [3]

Note to maintainers:
* For Release candidate builds, we'll send to all maintainers
a reminder the week before the build on Thursday morning (UTC timezone).
Packages that won't be ready before the announced compose time won't be
added to the release candidate.
Please remember to build your packages the day before repository
composition if you want it in.

* Release notes must be filled [1]

* A tracker bug has been created [2] and shows 1 bug blocking the release:
Whiteboard	Bug ID	Summary
virt		1071997	VM is not locked on run once

* Please add bugs to the tracker if you think that 3.3.5 should not be released without them fixed.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3.5_release_notes
[2] http://bugzilla.redhat.com/1071867
[3] http://www.ovirt.org/Testing/oVirt_3.3.5_testing

Thanks,