[Users] Data Center Non Responsive / Contending

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Tue Mar 4 14:57:41 UTC 2014

Off-topic but...

Le 04/03/2014 15:23, Meital Bourvine a écrit :
> Master data domain must be reachable in order for the DC to be up.
> Export domain shouldn't affect the dc status.

Last month we experienced a planned and controlled complete electrical
shutdown of our whole datacenter.
When switching everything on, we witnessed that no matter the time we
waited or the actions tried, our oVirt 3.3 wasn't able to start (hosts
were responsive but not able to get activated) as long as our NFS server
(used only for the export domain) wasn't up and running.

I did not find the time to tell about it, as I thought I was alone
seeing that, but today, I see I'm not.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot