[Users] hosted-engine rebooting in the middle of setup (was: [vdsm] [ANN] oVirt 3.4.0 Release Candidate is now available)

Darrell Budic darrell.budic at zenfire.com
Tue Mar 4 16:51:01 UTC 2014

Whups, yes, that was it:

MainThread::INFO::2014-02-28 17:23:03,546::hosted_engine::1311::ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine::(_stop_engine_vm) Shutting down vm using `/usr/sbin/hosted-engine --vm-shutdown`
MainThread::INFO::2014-02-28 17:23:04,500::hosted_engine::1315::ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine::(_stop_engine_vm) stdout: Machine shut down

which also explains why I didn’t see anything in the engine logs, it was the self-hosted HA triggering the reboot when the engine shut down for the upgrade.. And I do remember the note about putting it into global maintenance before upgrading. Now ;)

Don’t know if the engine is aware it’s on a HA setup, if it it, might be a good thing to check for and maybe enable itself during the upgrade?

Are there any other special procedures to be aware of in a self-hosted setup? I haven’t tried updating the VDSM hosts for these yet, for instance. Seems like I shouldn’t enable global maintenance there, so the engine switches hosts properly?

Thanks.

  -Darrell