[Users] oVirt 3.5 planning

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:59:57 UTC 2014

El 02/03/14 18:59, Itamar Heim escribió:
> On 02/28/2014 06:46 PM, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm kind of out of date at this time, but I'd like to propose something
>> that was meant for 3.4 and I don't know it it made into it; use any nfs
>> share as either a iso or export so you can just copy into the share and
>> then update in some way the db.
>
> not yet in.
>
>> Also, make export domain able to be shared among dcs as is iso domain,
>> that is an rfe from long time ago and a useful one.
>
> true. some relief via a glance storage domain allowing that.
I know, but too much overhead in using glance.

>> Attaching and dettaching domains is both time consuming and boring.
>> Also using tagged and untagged networks on top of the same nic.
>> Everybody does that except for ovirt.
>> I also like to say that tough I have a huge enthusiasm for ovirt's fast
>> evolution, I think that you may need to slow down with adding new
>> features until most of the rfes that have over a year are done, because
>> other way it's kind of disappointing opening a rfe just to see it
>> sleeping too much time. Don't take this wrong, I've been listened and
>> helped by the team everytime I needed and I'm thankful for that.
>
> "age" is not always the best criteria for prioritiy. we have RFE's
> open for several years it takes us time to get to. sometime newer RFEs
> are more important/interesting (say, leveraging cloud-init or
> neutron), sometime old RFEs are hard to close (get rid of storage
> pool, etc.).
> its a balancing act. but its also open source, which means anyone can
> try and contribute for things they would like prioritized.

I'm aware of the open source nature of the project, my way of
contributing is testing, reporting bugs and propose rfes, that much I
can do.
I understand your point, but I think that some rfes are as hard as
useful so maybe there's some room for rebalancing the effort to try and
close those ones.
Regards,