[Users] Increase core or socker for vCPU

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 14:25:34 UTC 2014

Its not clear if increase is while the VM is running, meaning hot plug cpu

On Mar 4, 2014 5:22 PM, Sven Kieske <S.Kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> AFAIK you need to increase sockets, not cores, at least
> AFAIK you need to increase sockets, not cores, at least
this is what ovirt does atm, and I think libvirt/qemu/kvm
do it the same way, but I'm not 100% sure.

See:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/CPUHotPlug
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/CPUHotplug

But I'm also wondering if an additional socket is the
right way to go from a design perspective.

So I'd like to hear more opinions on this topic.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen