[Users] Supported Billing Software for oVirt

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 14:43:21 UTC 2014

On 03/03/2014 12:00 PM, Gilad Chaplik wrote:
> I'm not aware of this kind of feature...
>
> You can open a RFE, and I hope we'll have the time to add it the upcoming versions:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=oVirt
>
> There could have been a possibly to write a cron job/similar that manage quotas externally using oVirt public API, but unfortunately, quotas aren't exposed there yet (on our TODO list).
>
> BUT (there's always one  :-)), you can use quotas^^ for capping, and use external plugin (external scheduler/ vdsm hook) that responsible for subscription duration (integrate with 3rd party or write one your self, names and dates- shouldn't be that hard).
>
> keep me posted :-)

i think the right solution here is using "3rd party software" focusing
on something like that, based on the data collected by ovirt engine and
the dwh.
one such application would be CloudForms.
we're in the process or removing all the roadblocks to open sourcing it,
and expect to have an open source version of CloudForms in a few months.
CloudForms of course integrates with oVirt/RHEV (and many other platforms).

> Thanks,
> Gilad.

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jExFWEojF4c
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qUoRImimY