[Users] Instructions to add a remote controlled power strip not in the native list?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 07:18:24 UTC 2014

On 03/11/2014 11:43 PM, David Smith wrote:
> I modified, tested, and added via git (also submitted note in
> rhbz#519731) support for at least basic power on/off of the raritan
> devices I have (model DPXS12-20)
> Now that I have a working fence agent for myself, is it possible to tell
> me how I can make the config change on my engine to add the support for
> the fence agent I created?

yes, you can change the config of the engine to add it - eli can give
more details (hopefully to be wikified later).
one caveat is i don't think we accommodated yet for customizing it, so
it may be overridden when you upgrade the engine.
(Eli, maybe consider changing to osinfo.d/ like format allowing both our
own config and user configs side by side)
to add this by default to engine, we'd need this to be in a released
version of fence-agents.