[Users] oVirt 3.3.3 - Migration failures

LANGE Thomas thomas.lange at thalesgroup.com
Thu Mar 13 09:51:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback !

In the tab “Virtual Machines”, I see 7 VMs, all of them are up (green triangle). In the tab “Hosts”, there is a column named “Virtual Machines” (I guess this is the number of VMs running on each host) and there I see 7 VMs for pc001, 4 for pc002 and 3 for pc003. What I meant was that 7+3+4=14 VMs instead of the 7 existing VMs. If I shutdown 6 of the VMs to have only 1 running VM, it shows 7 VMs pour pc001, 0 for pc002, and 1 for pc003.

I disabled quotas and the situation did not change. I also rebooted the 3 machines but when I tried to migrate one of the VM the same things happened. Please find attached the logs of this attempt.

Detail of what I did:

·         All 3 hosts finished the boot process

·         Log in to the admin portal to check that everything is fine

·         Start logging of VDSM (on the 3 hosts) and engine (host pc002).

·         Startup VM Debian – it started on pc003

·         Once VM is booted, start a migration to specific host pc001

·         Once migration failed, verify that the VM was still running on pc003 but the number of running VM on pc001 did 0 -> 1

·         Stop logging

Thanks.

Thomas LANGÉ