[Users] Request for Wiki - dates

Dave Neary nearyd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:16:20 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

What I'd love to see is a way for people to flag content out-of-date.
"Last updated" doesn't tell you about the feature that is stable and
unchanged since 3.0, nor does it tell you that the feature is in
constant flux and the latest commit just changed everything.

You need 2 dates for maximum usefulness: "Last updated", and "Flagged
out of date" - if last updated is after the flagged date, something is
wrong (flag should have been removed). If the flag is there then the
page needs updating. Ideally, flagging the page would indicate the
reason for the flag.

Anyone know how you'd do this in a maintainable way in MediaWiki?

Cheers,
Dave.