[Users] Self-hosted engine setup ok but no engine vm running

Giuseppe Ragusa giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:03:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,
while testing further a from-scratch self-hosted-engine installation on CentOS 6.5 (after two setup restarts: applying a workaround for a missing pki directory and tweaking my own iptables rules to allow ping towards default gateway) on a physical node (oVirt 3.4.0_pre + GlusterFS 3.5.0beta4; NFS storage for engine VM), the process ends successfully but the Engine VM is not found running afterwards.

I archived the whole /var/log directory and attached here for completeness.

I'll wait a bit for questions or other hints/requests before trying any further action.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance,
Giuseppe